Since the hunting season is getting nearer. It is very crucial that you have a hunting backpack with you. As a matter of fact, getting one of the best backpacks for elk hunting will just make your hunting experience way better and convenient.
If you are someone who is familiar with hunting, you will know that hunting requires a lot of gear and equipment. Hunting also requires you to stay active, ready and prepared at all times. And just like every other hunting gear backpacks are equally very crucial.
Things To Check For:
However, before we go on to talk about the best backpacks. There are some very crucial points that you will need to keep in mind.
- Easy To Carry: Before you go on to purchase the backpack that you like you must check whether the backpack is lightweight or not. Because if you get a hunting backpack that is heavy, it will only make your hunting experience even worse. Also, make sure that you can adjust it correctly according to your body. Using a hunting backpack that is light and fit you well will surely make your hunting experience more pleasant.
- Size Matters: Since you will be going on elk hunting, it is very important that you get a backpack which can store a lot. Also since elk hunting takes a lot of time. You will want to pack all the necessary items with you. But also make sure that you don’t end up getting a heavy backpack.
- External Covers: Extra covers such as air flow cover and rain covers are very important and very well increases the usability of the backpack itself. And that is because walking with a heavy backpack that has very poor or no ventilation system. Then you will get sweaty and end up getting sick. Whereas, on the other hand having a rain cover will save you on rainy days.
Best Backpacks For Elk Hunting:
- Tenzing TZ 3000 Hunting Backpack.
- Sitka Gear Men’s Sitka Bivy 45 Backpack.
- Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack.
- Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack.
1. Tenzing TZ 3000 Hunting Backpack:
This is a very famous and well-known hunting backpack. And there are quite a few reasons for that. With an excellent spacious interior, lightweight build and an affordable price tag. It is very hard to beat.
The best thing about this backpack undoubtedly has to be the adjustable straps. It also has a harness system that distributes the weight very well. If you are planning to go on hunting or even camping or hiking. Then this is the perfect bag for you. Just like most hunting backpacks, this has two internal aluminum frames. If you are tired of using heavy backpacks, then this will surely make you excited. And that is because of the Lumbar pad, and waist belt gives optimum comfort. So that you can walk without any hassle.
If you are someone who likes to carry loads of guns while you go hunting, then this backpack will be an ideal choice. And that is because it has a fold-out bow and fun carry boot. This can also provide you a very good deal of breathability since theTenzing comes with a channeled air-cooled back pad. It also has a rain cover to keep you covered.
Overall, this is one great backpack that is comfortable and spacious. In fact, it has so much space that it can accommodate water, a stove and all the other necessary items that you would need. It is also very well made, and that clearly shows in the high-quality zippers and straps.
2. Sitka Gear Men’s Sitka Bivy 45 Backpack:
Sitka is a very well known brand for making high-quality hunting backpacks. And just like their other backpacks, this one is also great. If you are someone who is looking for a bag to carry all the heavy hunting load. Then this is the one to go for. But however, despite being a bit larger than most backpacks. It feels light and is very easy and comfortable to carry. This will be your perfect companion on long hunting trips.
It may not look like much. But this backpack has a lot of handy features. Such as water tank and the roomy external pockets. All these add up to make a very nice and high-quality hunting backpack. With space and room being its major attraction.
3. Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack:
The Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack is small yet convenient hunting backpack. If you are someone who is very new to hunting, then this will serve you pretty well. It will be an ideal option for you. But don’t fall for its size. Because it is one of the best backpacks for elk hunting.
Since the bag is so small and lightweight. It will allow you to move around quicker and faster. The back panel of the bag is made from a mesh material. This mesh is the main reason why the backpack is so lightweight. Despite having such a small size, it can turn out to hold quite a good amount of baggage. And that is mostly because of the two big external zippered pockets. These pockets are perfect for storing your camera, binoculars and other small gear.
Another great thing about this is that you can even use it as a daily bag as well. So you get multiple facilities from it.
Overall, for the affordable price, it comes in. It is truly a great hunting backpack. It is minimal, convenient and most importantly very easy to use. So you can expect to use a lot out of this. And trust me, you will be pleased.
4. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack:
This backpack looks very much like a traditional backpack. So much so, you won’t be able to tell whether its a hunting backpack or daily carrying backpack unless you use it for yourself. This bag is also very well designed so that you can get the most out of it.
Starting off, the waist belt is very sturdy and well padded. It not only has enough straps but it also has lots of extra lengths as well.
If you look closely, you will realize that this is very similar to military backpacks. In fact, it has more features than that. You can load pretty much all your hunting gear in it. The bottom shelf design of the bag allows it to carry quite a good deal. The back is also capable of holding quite a good load.
This is an excellent hunting backpack overall. It also has excellent padding and security as well. And on top of that, it is from Eberlestock which is a very well known and reputed brand. So you will receive quite a good brand value as well.
Some great man once said that to hunt successfully you must know your ground, pack, and your quarry. We say that as important as those are. Getting one of the best backpacks for elk hunting is equally important as well.
Lastly, we would urge you to not go for cheap hunting backpacks. Even though they are cheap, they won’t be able to benefit you in the long run. The ones that we have mentioned are far and way better than the cheap ones that you will find on the market.